Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Storm of the Decade?

It's hard to say...but one has to wonder how in the heck did a storm like Hurricane Ike make it all the way up to Ohio from the Gulf of Mexico (near the Texas Coast)? Of course many meteorologists predicted his course. However, we could not have been less prepared. Ohio Governor Ted Strickland ordered a state of emergency a few days ago as 83 out of the 88 counties in Ohio were out of power. The damage from the near hurricane force winds ripped through sections of Ohio leaving several hundred thousands out of power even now. This whole thing teaches you to not take anything for granted. This experience has definitely opened my eyes. My fiancee and I weathered the storm as Ike's winds took out 4 of the 5 trees near our house. It was a definite mess. I know it will take time to restore power, based on the latest reports (from AEP's estimates on 10TV.com today) there are still just about a million that are still without power with a good chunk of that in Franklin County. All I can hope is that all the families that are affected are doing well despite all this, and that we will all be back on line soon.

--ThunderChyld

2 comments:

Littletommysmom said...

Yeah this storm really sucked and we are still out of power at my house. It's been almost 72 hours and everything in the fridge and freezer are done for and my fish are hanging on by a thread. Hope for the best for me k?

ThunderChyld said...

It's been 96 hours for us. We are still holding on, but I feel like we are slipping... hang in there!

We'll all make it.

--Thunderchyld