Tuesday, October 28, 2008

PodCasts

I am not afraid to admit when I am new to something. But this is something--I should have been aware of for a long while and why haven't I used it at all is beyond me. If you have an Apple iPod--you are no doubt aware of how to podcast. Me, I have not owned an iPod at all... (I can see it now...For Shame--Rex, you of all people should have one already...And you claim to be a tech-guru...)

I haven't had a use for an iPod. Call me strange, but there isn't enough time in the day for me to play on my iPod...there just isn't. As much as I love music, I just don't have the time to invest into having an iPod. However, that may change... In the meanwhile, I am not here to tell you about my "lack-of-iPod-itis". I am here to help you find out where you can find podcasts.

I know what podcasts are.

From Podcast Alley's website, this has an extended definition of the following...

Podcasting, created by former MTV VJ Adam Curry, is a term that was devised as a crisp way to describe the technology used to push audio content from websites down to consumers of that content, who typically listen to it on their iPod (hence the "pod") or other audio player that supports mp3 at their convenience. The term podcasting is meant to rhyme with broadcasting and is a derivative of the iPod platform. While not directly associated with Apples iPod device or iTunes music service, the company did contribute both the desire and the technology for this capability. Podcasting is not unlike time-shifted video software and devices like TiVo, which let you watch what you want when you want by recording and storing video, except that podcasting is used for audio and is currently free of charge. Note, however, that this technology can be used to push any kind of file, including software updates, pictures, and videos.


With that in mind, Podcast Alley has a lot choices...Everything from business to art you could find it there. Futher if you use--Apple's iTunes you can also enjoy these podcasts on both your iPod or your computer!

This is just another piece of technology that has made its way into our everyday lives...(Until it makes it's way into mine--I can only hope to test this out...)

--ThunderChyld

No comments: