Wednesday, December 10, 2008

10 Random Things...

Welcome to another great day--and another blog by yours truly. Where today, I have decided to back track a bit. Okay, so I didn't do this for Learn and Play, but I am going to do this anyway, just to add an additional entry into the blog. I have found that there are a lot of 'random' things about me. So, today for all of you good people who still take time out of your day to either follow this blog or read it, I am dedicating this one to you...YES--YOU! So please read on.


The Ten Random Things.

(The Good Stuff)
Number 10:
Since eighth grade (1990-1991) I have been writing. I have loved the creative outlet that writing provides. It has become a stress reliever, an outlet that has over time developed and become a part of me, and something that I have been able to share with others. I remember a story I started on in the summer of '91--a simple script-like story that for some reason, only I understood. But as it turned out, I had a chance to do something more. In Freshman year of high school, I was in English 'Challenge', where I met my future mentor Mr. Arnold--and he gave us an assignment--create a story... So, I had decided to create a story after something I knew a lot about at that time--Star Trek. So my first Star Trek story was the best story I had ever written for English Class. Since then, I have continued to write--many, many stories. Most of which have been 'Trek', however, I have been working with a great friend to create a Sci-Fi novel, and I am collaborating with another to write a children's book.

Number 9:
I never thought that I would like poetry to actually write some myself. It all started with someone I was interested in that hurt me. I had a pen and a pad and I started writing. It started with just some sappy -- depressed poetry, but it then became poetry with a story attached to it... It became a part of me and my writing. To date, I have written over fifty pages of either poetry or short stories.

Number 8:
Never liked poetry when I was in school... I never liked it until I grew up. I wanted to have a purpose for the writing I was working on... I guess that until I really felt like that it didn't have a set purpose. When I started to write it though, that opinion changed dramatically.

Number 7:
I am a definite 'tech-head'. I love new technology. Sometimes I do go along with a fad, (like for instance the older iMacs from 1999-2001 with the different colored casings), but sometimes I don't (the Apple iPhone.)

Number 6:
At times I have songs just play in my head, and I end up singing these annoying songs... Sometimes--remarkably, people join in too.

Number 5:
As my boss Chip has told me, I have random outbursts of laughter or comedy. Guilty as charged.

Number 4:
When I first started working at the library in the summer of '00, I used to wear these (albeit) garish, yet flamboyant colored button-down shirts. Those thankfully have been completely retired.

Number 3:
Jessi my roommate (and best friend) had introduced me to several great TV shows this year; Law and Order CI/SVU, the Bachelorette, Dancing with the Stars, CSI, Don't forget the Lyrics, Are you smarter than a 5th grader, and the Biggest Loser.

Number 2:
During Hurricane Ike's windstorm, while the power was out at home, Jessi and I pulled out a pad and played Tic-Tac-Toe and Hangman while we had no lights. Although it was a difficult situation, she helped make it fun and helped us to remain calm.

Number 1:
As you probably figured out from the previous blog, I am a big fan of Wheel of Fortune. (E'Nuff said).

--ThunderChyld

1 comment:

Littletommysmom said...

Hey I did that too:) come see my blog. http://librarycatlady.blogspot.com. loved yours:)