Thursday, December 11, 2008

Top Ten People (at least in my world) in 2008

(Work Related Email)

I don't get to do this often. But this year has been a doozy. One filled with ups and downs--and a lot in between. So today, I have decided to create a list of people who have been there for me and give them all a special thank you for the things you have done this year. I feel that it is important that I say some thanks because we don't give or receive thanks enough in this life.

This is in no particular order; this is in the order that I have written these down. I always you guys to know that I appreciate your friendship and I thank you for being someone I call a friend:

10. LibraryCatLady:
You have been a good friend to me over the last 5 years. I remember being one of the people that trained you at Main back then. I always knew that you had potential. Rock on, and well done.

9. The Thursday Night Crew | Main Circulation:
I have worked with a lot of people in my time here at Main. I wanted to take this time out to thank all of you guys to not allow Thursday nights to be boring. (This includes Keith, Greg, Tony, J-Rock, and Vee.)

8. The group known as the 'Mothers Board of Directors':
Cindi, Denise, Dorothy, Vee, Shelby, and Teresa comprise this group of individuals that I work with which have one thing in common--all of them are mothers. This is one group of people that have encouraged me, made me laugh, and this is a group that I completely respect.

7. This one goes to my readers in Circulation & Home (particularly of my Sci-fi writing): Greg, Shelby and Teresa--you guys have always read my work and given me good advice on what to do with it. With that kind of encouragement, I just want to say thanks.

6. The Music Crew/Art Crew | Circ: 'Wildstyle' Andrew Williams, Tony, Greg and J-Rock (writing aspect) have all given me good ideas, or have passed along music or art my way. Thanks guys!

5. Comedy (I know I am thanking some of the same people, but I have to get this all out...): Chip, Greg (sound effects), Shelby, Teresa, Denise, Vee and several others have always found a way to turn my bad mood into a great one. Thank you all for finding a way to brighten up my day.

4. The People who I have worked for: Chip and Nick have been my bosses who I have come to rely upon for criticism and support--and the occasional ribbing.

3. The Rebuilding Phase: Tony and Shannon--if it weren't for you two I wouldn't be where I am at now...(1 year later!)

2. The Encouragers: (Yes I said it...the Encouragers--these are the people who have kept me focused this year and have at times advised me--and unwittingly encouraged me when I was down.) Pryme, Chip, Greg, Denise, Shelby, Teresa, Nick, J-Rock, Jules, and a few others that I can't immediately think of or write down, but to all of you--THANK YOU!

And most importantly--
1. Home field: Pryme, you have been my rock, my inspiration, by best friend and so much more. There isn't enough words to spell out what you mean to me. I just want to thank you directly.

Finally, 2008 has shown a number of ups and downs all throughout. 2009 undoubtedly will be no different. Just wanted to take a moment to thank all of those who made this year a bit more bearable, fun or funnier than usual.

Take care!

--ThunderChyld

1 comment:

Littletommysmom said...

I'm your number 10:) I'll take it.