Friday, October 10, 2008

Web Tools from CML

one thing is for sure... I can say, that I have done a lot to be a part of the Web 2.0 environment. As it stands right now, I have used a lot from the CML Tool Box so far. This blog is proof of that because it is partnered with Google. From Google Docs, to the Library Toolbar to even Firefox (and FF 3.0 which is much better), I have played or used them all at one point or another. The revolution has been going on for a while now, and as I have come to accept it, adapt to it, and make use of the new technologies, I have found ways to use it, enjoy it, and have fun with it.


Which would I rather use:

Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 2.0/3.0: Firefox
Reason: Personally, I have used Firefox since it first debuted several years ago. Built upon a more 'stable' framework than IE, many users have found it a strong alternative for web browsing. Further you can use add-ons to enhance your experience on the web. Some can change the look of the browser--while others allow you to download YouTube videos directly to your hard drive. This adds a level of flexibility that wasn't always present in IE.

But all this--is a matter of opinion.

The library toolbar is a great resource for search for new items in the collection, or to do a search in the database. Admittedly, I haven't used it too much, but I did download it to my Firefox browser, and it works very well.|

GMail, Twitter, Digg, LibraryThing, and del.ici.ous are all also tools that were featured on the CML Power Tools page. They are all worth a look... Check them out!

--ThunderChyld


1 comment:

Jim Brochowski said...

I've been using Firefox for about a month now, changed the look, use twitterfox and such.

I don't think stability is up for discussion - Firefox is the winner hands down in that department.

Now all the customization... Potayto, Potahto...